The 16th Annual John L. Borom Alabama Coastal BirdFest:
A Birding & Nature Festival
October 2–5, 2019
Registration will open August 12th at 9am
Registration will close September 20th at 4pm
Join us Oct. 2 – 5 for the 16th annual Alabama Coastal BirdFest, a birding and nature festival, and experience many opportunities to see birds, alligators, wildflowers, dolphins, and other wildlife. And learn about their habitats! Plus, we will offer workshops at 5 Rivers Delta Center.
BirdFest showcases great bird- and nature-watching spots all around Baldwin and Mobile counties, including Fort Morgan, Dauphin Island, Weeks Bay, Mobile-Tensaw Delta, Bayou La Batre, Forever Wild Grand Bay Savanna, Gulf Shores, and more. BirdFest is a great adventure no matter your level of birding experience.
BirdFest Cancellation and Refund Policy
Alabama Coastal BirdFest reserves the right to cancel any event for any reason. In the unlikely event that BirdFest cancels a trip, we will notify registered participants as soon as possible.
If you need to cancel any or all of your registered tours or events, a refund will be subject to the following:
- Cancellations on or before September 2 will receive a full refund, minus a $10 administrative fee.
- Cancellations September 3 through September 13 will receive a 50% refund, minus a $10 administrative fee.
- No refunds will be issued for cancellations after September 13.
- No refunds will be issued for No Shows.
- Weather Related: If BirdFest cancels a trip/event due to weather, a full refund for the trip fee will be available upon written request, received on or before October 31. Refunds not requested in writing will be considered a donation to the Weeks Bay Foundation for Alabama Coastal BirdFest.
- Requests for refunds should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line–BirdFest Refund, or by mail to: Weeks Bay Foundation, 11401 US Highway 98, Fairhope, AL 36532, Attention: Birdfest Refund. Written requests should include the name of the registrant(s), the trip number(s), contact phone number, and mailing address.
Accommodations in the Area
There are numerous hotels in Mobile and along the eastern shore. Our partner hotel for the event is Hampton Inn – Daphne (29451 US Hwy. 98, Daphne). There is also camping at Meaher State Park, with tent camping, cabins, and RV spaces with hookups.
Bird & Conservation Expo
The Bird & Conservation Expo is our free, family friendly event that takes place at the Halstead Amphitheater on the grounds of Coastal Alabama Community College (formerly Faulkner) in downtown Fairhope, with exhibits, a raptor show, snake show, kids’ activities, and more.
For exciting photos and announcements, follow Alabama BirdFest on Facebook.
Sponsoring the Alabama Coastal BirdFest is a great way to help promote ecotourism in the State of Alabama.
(updated July 10, 2019)
— REDDISH EGRET SPONSORS —
The Mapp Family Foundation
— BROWN PELICAN SPONSORS —
Fairhope Single Tax Corporation
Alabama Tourism Department
— GREAT BLUE HERON SPONSORS —
Alabama State Port Authority
City of Gulf Shores
Gulf Shores Orange Beach Tourism
— AMERICAN OYSTERCATCHER SPONSORS —
Mobile Bay Audubon Society
— SCARLET TANGER SPONSORS —
Town of Dauphin Island
— In-Kind Sponsors —
5 Rivers Delta Resource Center
City of Fairhope
Coastal Alabama Community College
The Little Cake Shop
Weeks Bay Foundation
Weeks Bay National Estuarine Research Reserve