Submission for the 2018 Weeks Bay Photography Contest has now closed. Thank you to all who submitted photos. Stay tuned. We will announce the winners in November.
We are celebrating the 19th year of the Weeks Bay Photo Contest. Help us showcase all the beauty this area has to offer by submitting your favorite photo(s).
All photos must be submitted digitally. But don’t worry, it’s easy!
Follow these steps to enter a photo(s):
- Take an awesome photo using the four categories below as your guide.
- Register EACH photo submitted on Eventbrite (click here). For the Adult Division, the entry fee per photo is $5 with a limit of two photos per category.
- There is no entry fee in the Junior Division, for participants 16 and under.
- After you receive your confirmation email, forward that email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your photo(s) attached.
- Your photo file name must include the Division, Category, your Name, and Title for the Photo (example: Adult, Flora, John Doe, Sea oats.)
- Flora: plants, trees, shrubs, flowers, etc.
- Fauna: animals, insects, fish, amphibians, reptiles, birds, mammals, etc.
- Habitat: outdoor scene or landscape.
- PIN: people recreating or enjoying the coastal resources.
- Technical Excellence
- Outstanding representation of Flora, Fauna, Habitat, or People in Nature
Here are a few other pointers to keep in mind:
- The Fauna categories should only include native wildlife (no pets).
- The format should be 8 x 10 when possible
- Please do not include watermarks or date/time stamps
- While post processing is necessary, try and keep it to a minimum. Especially when it comes to the use of color saturation. More is not always better.
- We would like to have entries that were encountered out in nature. Subjects should not be shot in a studio setting.
Weeks Bay Photography Contest participants agree and certify the following:
- Photos were taken by the person whose name is on the registration.
- Photos were taken in an Alabama Gulf Coast watershed or coastal waters.
- Photos were taken after October 16, 2017.
- Photographers grant permission to the Weeks Bay Foundation to use the photo in any way it deems appropriate. Photographer also retains the right to use the photo.
- Photographer has the consent to use the likeness of any people in the photo. (If you cannot tell who the people are, disregard this rule)