The winners of the 2019 Weeks Bay Photo Contest have been selected! There will a be a reception to announce the winners on Tuesday, Nov. 12, at 6 p.m. at 5 Rivers Delta Resource Center. Winning photos will be posted here on Wednesday, Nov. 13.
All photos must be submitted digitally. But don’t worry, it’s easy!
Follow these steps to enter a photo(s):
- Take an awesome photo using the four categories below as your guide.
- Register EACH photo separately on Eventbrite (click here). For the Adult Division, the entry fee per photo is $10 with a limit of two photos per category.
- There is no entry fee in the Junior Division, for participants 16 and under.
- After you receive your confirmation email, forward that email to email@example.com with your photo(s) attached.
Each photo you submit MUST be labeled in this format: Division (Adult or Junior), Category, Your Name, a Title for the Photo (example: Adult, Flora, John Doe, Sea oats.).
- Flora: plants, trees, shrubs, flowers, etc.
- Fauna: animals, insects, fish, amphibians, reptiles, birds, mammals, etc.
- Habitat: outdoor scene or landscape.
- PIN: people recreating or enjoying the coastal resources.
- Technical Excellence
- Outstanding representation of Flora, Fauna, Habitat, or People in Nature
Here are a few other pointers to keep in mind:
- The Fauna categories should only include native wildlife (no pets).
- The format should be 8 x 10 when possible
- Please do not include watermarks or date/time stamps
- While post processing is necessary, try and keep it to a minimum. Especially when it comes to the use of color saturation. More is not always better.
- We would like to have entries that were encountered out in nature. Subjects should not be shot in a studio setting.
Weeks Bay Photography Contest participants agree and certify the following:
- Photos were taken by the person whose name is on the registration.
- Photos were taken in an Alabama Gulf Coast watershed or coastal waters.
- Photos were taken after October 16, 2018.
- Photographers grant permission to the Weeks Bay Foundation to use the photo in any way it deems appropriate. Photographer also retains the right to use the photo.
- Photographer has the consent to use the likeness of any people in the photo. (If you cannot tell who the people are, disregard this rule)