The 2017 Photo Contest deadline for submissions is October 16.
The Weeks Bay Photo Contest has been a huge part of our community outreach for the last 17 years. With such amazing natural resources throughout our area, it makes sense to have a photo contest that focuses exclusively on wonders of coastal Alabama.
Photos may be Color or Black & White and entered in the following categories
Flora: plants, trees, shrubs, flowers, etc.
Fauna: animals, insects, fish, amphibians, reptiles, birds, mammals, etc.
Habitat: outdoor scene or landscape.
People in Nature (PIN): people recreating or enjoying their coastal resources.
This year, all photos must be submitted digitally. But don’t worry, it’s easy!
Here are the 4 simple steps to entering a photo
- Take an awesome photo in one of our four categories listed above.
- Visit our website or Facebook page (listed at the bottom).
- Click on the link to buy a ticket on Eventbrite for each photo. The adult entry fee per photo is $5.00 and you can enter 2 photos in each category. Entry for participants 16 and under is FREE.
- Once you receive your confirmation email, forward that email to email@example.com with your photo attached.
Winners will be notified via email and required to submit a high-resolution version of their winning shot. The adult and junior first place winners receive cash prizes, with a grand prize of $100.00 for the best overall shot. All other adult and junior placing photographers will receive Foundation merchandise. All placing photos will receive a ribbon.
Our only rules for submitting photos are:
- Photos were taken by the artist whose name is on the registration.
- Photos were taken in an Alabama Gulf Coast watershed or coastal waters.
- Photos were taken between October 19, 2016 and October 24, 2017
- Photographers grant permission to the Weeks Bay Foundation to use the photo in any way it deems appropriate. However, the photographer also retains the right to use the photo.
- Photographers have the permission of any recognizable people in their photos to use their likeness.