We are now accepting entries for the 2018 Weeks Bay Photography Contest!
Submissions will be accepted between August 1 at 8 a.m. and October 22 at 5 p.m.
Don’t wait! Get out there and start shooting some photos. Who knows, you may have the winning shot!
We are celebrating the 19th year of the Weeks Bay Photo Contest. Help us showcase all the beauty this area has to offer by submitting your favorite photo(s).
All photos must be submitted digitally. But don’t worry, it’s easy!
Follow these steps to enter a photo(s):
- Take an awesome photo using the four categories below as your guide.
- Register EACH photo submitted on Eventbrite (click here). For the Adult Division, the entry fee per photo is $5 with a limit of two photos per category.
- There is no entry fee in the Junior Division, for participants 16 and under.
- After you receive your confirmation email, forward that email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your photo(s) attached.
- Your photo file name must include the Division, Category, your Name, and Title for the Photo (example: Adult, Flora, John Doe, Sea oats.)
- Flora: plants, trees, shrubs, flowers, etc.
- Fauna: animals, insects, fish, amphibians, reptiles, birds, mammals, etc.
- Habitat: outdoor scene or landscape.
- PIN: people recreating or enjoying the coastal resources.
- Technical Excellence
- Outstanding representation of Flora, Fauna, Habitat, or People in Nature
Weeks Bay Photography Contest participants agree and certify the following:
- Photos were taken by the person whose name is on the registration.
- Photos were taken in an Alabama Gulf Coast watershed or coastal waters.
- Photos were taken after October 16, 2017.
- Photographers grant permission to the Weeks Bay Foundation to use the photo in any way it deems appropriate. Photographer also retains the right to use the photo.
- Photographer has the consent to use the likeness of any people in the photo. (If you cannot tell who the people are, disregard this rule)